Comments Due April 20 on HHSC Application Redesign
Celia Cole /(512) 320-0222 x110
April 9, 2009
Read Full Article >>
The Health and Human Services Commission is redesigning the application for Medicaid, Food Stamps and TANF to make it easier to read, understand and fill out. HHSC has invited stakeholders to provide feedback on the new application and is conducting focus groups around the state to get feedback from clients. A web phone conference to answer questions and share focus group findings is scheduled for April 13 at 2 p.m. Comments are due April 20.
Integrated Application Redesign Project
There are two versions of the redesigned application. The first version allows applicants to apply for all programs, including Medicaid for the Elderly and Disabled (MEPD) and the Medicare Savings Programs (MSP). The second version does not include MEPD and MSP and is four pages shorter. Click on the following links to view the current and proposed versions of the application:
- Redesigned H1010-E: Version with MEPD and MSP (www.hhsc.state.tx.us/H1010-E_Wth_MEPD.pdf)
- Redesigned H1010-E: Version without MEPD and MSP (www.hhsc.state.tx.us/H1010-E_WO_MEPD.pdf)
- Current H1010-E: www.yourtexasbenefits.com/wps/themes/html/SSPortal/downloads/H1010_April2008English.pdf
HHSC will make additional changes to the design of the new application and decide which version to use after it reviews the feedback from stakeholders, staff and focus groups.
How to Submit Comments â€" DUE BY 5 P.M., MONDAY, APRIL 20, 2009
- Mark-up a copy of the redesigned version and fax it to HHSC at 512-487-3393, or
- E-mail comments to HHS.Communications@hhsc.state.tx.us. Make sure that â€ś1010 Redesign Commentsâ€ť is in the subject line.
Web Phone Conference on Monday, April 13, at 2 p.m.
HHSC will host a web phone conference with stakeholders on Monday, April 13, at 2 p.m. to share the early results from the focus group sessions and give stakeholders the opportunity to ask questions about the redesigned application. See www.hhsc.state.tx.us/1010Redesign_Instructions.pdf for instructions on how to join the web phone conference.